A SOC 2 Readiness Assessment will analyze your key business processes and controls to ensure that you are set up for success ahead of your SOC 2 audit. This will allow you to work with an experienced auditing team to identify any gaps or missing processes that would impact your final report, and allow you time to remediate them appropriately.
What is a SOC 2 Readiness Assessment?
Think about it like this: a SOC Readiness Assessment is a dress rehearsal for your final audit. A SOC Readiness Examination empowers you with the information you need to ensure that your internal controls and processes will meet the appropriate requirements.
What are the Benefits of a SOC 2 Readiness Assessment?
A readiness assessment is your best preparation when it comes to your SOC audit. You and your auditors will review the controls you currently have in place, allowing you to remediate any issues before it could impact your final report. This will allow your organization to complete the final reporting process smoothly – before a big deal is on the
line. Ideally, you would complete a readiness assessment before completing a SOC examination for the first time. This will allow you to:
- Identify Any Control Gaps Your Organization May Have
- Receive Recommendations for Improving Your Internal Controls
- Fix Issues Before Your Final Examination
How Can I Prepare Efficiently?
While there is no checklist that can fully prepare you for a SOC 2 Readiness Assessment, we do have some guidance that will help you start off on the right foot.
- Review your information security policies to ensure that your security requirements are being met.
- If you haven’t already, now is the perfect time to review the Trust Services Criteria that will be used as the baseline criteria for your examination.
- Make sure your organization has a designated point-of-contact to help drive SOC 2 readiness and report initiatives within your organization. This will help to streamline necessary processes.
Your SOC 2 Readiness Partner
If you’re ready to get serious about your company’s compliance initiatives, a SOC 2 Readiness Assessment is the perfect place to start. Our experienced team will help walk you though each step of the process. Contact us today to get started.